Monday, July 30, 2007

Emotional Intelligence

I just finished to read "Working with Emotional Intelligence" by Daniel Goleman. Emotional Intelligence consists of self-awareness, self-control, self-motivation, enthusiasm and social ability. People with emotional intelligence understand their feelings and manage them in ways that are positive a helpful. They make decisions about life - what job to pursue, what direction to take - with greater confidence and skill than people with low or no emotional intelligence. Their people skills make them more likely to succeed at relationships, cooperation and leadership. I found many suggestions how I can control my impulsive feelings and reactions and stay focused under pressure. Now I know the answers how to develop my strengths and how to eliminate my weaknesses.

No comments: